The Grand Bend Community Foundation is looking for energetic, caring, creative, community-minded people to join our dynamic Board of Directors.
The Foundation is a leader in philanthropy in our communities. We support many charities and organizations, from education and the environment, to the arts and health care. We work with generous individuals to help them realize their philanthropic goals. We help make our communities stronger, healthier, more vibrant, and more just.
A Director on the Board of the Grand Bend Community Foundation is expected to:
- Embrace the Community Foundation movement and learn about the work of the Grand Bend Community Foundation
- Attend most or all board meetings, having reviewed the information provided in advance
- Exercise “reasonable care” in making decisions for the organization
- Declare any potential conflicts of interest
- Be faithful to the Foundation’s mission and act in alignment with it
- Govern the Foundation, establishing appropriate policies and long-term goals, and monitoring progress toward goals
- Ensure Foundation assets are stewarded and developed
- Act as an ambassador, building and maintaining relationships with the broader community and advocating for the Foundation
- Listen to the community, and reflect its needs at the Board table
- Support the Foundation financially, as appropriate to personal circumstances
- Promote and attend special events and activities designed to raise the Foundation’s profile
- Serve on one or more Board committees
- Help to hire, supervise and evaluate the Executive Director
- Actively participate in strategic planning
- Hold confidential all deliberations of the Board
If you’re interested in making a real difference, now and forever, please explore our website, and then contact Pat Morden at firstname.lastname@example.org.